2. Cookies are IT data, in particular small text files stored on a device of the Website User (e.g. smartphone, computer, tablet) and they are intended for better use of Website potential.
3. The Controller automatically collects and processes information in cookies. By using cookies, the Controller does not collect such personal data as the first and last name, e-mail address or telephone number.
4. Cookies usually contain the following information:
- public IP address of the computer from which the query has been sent (it may be the User’s computer);
- name of User’s station – identification through HTTP protocol if possible,
- User’s name given during authentication,
- time of query receipt,
- the first line of HTTP request,
- code of HTTP response,
- number of bytes sent by the server,
- URL address of the site visited by the User before (referrer link) in case JCI’s website has been entered via a link,
- information on User’s browser and errors in the http transaction.
5. The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- “permanent” or “functional” cookies which save User’s preferred settings and User interface personalization, e.g. in the scope of the selected language or region from which the User comes, type of font, website appearance, etc.,
- “session” or “temporary” cookies associated with the session are saved in the browser only for the duration of the session, i.e. until the website is exited,
- User input cookies,
- performance cookies which allow the Controller to collect information on the way the Website pages are used,
- user centric security cookies, e.g. used by the Controller to detect authentication abuses in the Website,
- “necessary” cookies which allow for using Website services, e.g. cookies necessary for services which require authentication in the Website,
- cookies used to monitor website traffic, i.e. data analytics, including:
- those used by app.albacross.com – e. entity contracted with personal data processing – for the purpose of Website traffic measurement and analysis of the methods of using the Website by Users, including to create statistics and reports on Website functioning;
- Google Analytics (files used by Google, e. entity contracted by the Controller to process personal data – for the purpose of analyzing methods of using the Website by the user, including creation of statistics and reports on Website functioning);
- “marketing” cookies which allow for:
- displaying marketing content independently of User preferences (including standard advertising).
- Cookies may also be posted and used by advertisers, IT service providers, business parties or partners cooperating with the Controller (this applies, for example, to entities which render Analytics statistics services, AdWords advertising and remarketing services).
7. Usually, software used to browse websites (Web browser) allows for saving cookies on User’s device by default. However, the user may change cookies settings at any time. The settings may be changed in particular in such a way as to disable cookies automatically in Web browser settings or inform the User each time cookies are saved on the User’s device. Detailed information on the possibilities and ways of using cookies is available in software (Web browser) settings of the User’s end device.
8. End device software (browser) often allows for:
- disabling the option of downloading and saving cookies in the memory of end device permanently;
- temporary use of private browsing mode (browsing in Incognito mode) where the browser does not save cookies or information on the visited websites, website settings, login status or data used by plug-ins (e.g. Adobe Flash).
Details on the selection of the options described above are available in the instruction manual of software; depending on the browser kind and version, this information may be posted elsewhere. The choice of one of the options described above may have an adverse impact on Website functioning or may disable its use for which the Controller bears no liability.